Suspension question

yeah, what Allyn said!
The shocks present most of their restriction to movement in rebound.
So, if it isn't retained in the housing every time the spring extends
the shock is going to pull out of the housing. And as Allyn said,
pound back into it.
By this time the housing are probably fubared not to mention the
outside of the shock body.