Well the motor is pulled

I definitely prefer the bottom approach, less to worry about.  Gordy likes
pulling from the top.   I guess it's just personal preference.

I really liked the power steering on my Cab, but yea to be honest, it's a
light little VW, manual is easy enough.   Power does have one half less turn
in the rack.