hehehe

Because the magic smoke leaked out of a relay on the 8v, I was "forced" to drive the new one.
<depressed sigh>

I called to make an appt with the local tire place for a NY inspection.

"Yes we can. Whats your name?"
"Julie" (says I)
"Ohh. Which VW is it this time?"
(TeeHee)

<2 hours later>

I rolled in to the garage for the inspection. There are 4 bays and 4 mechs as well as the manager.
All poured over the car "Ohhhh" "Ahhhh" "What year did you say?" "Wow".
Touching, actually more like fondling the car.

He said he'll do the front end alignment when I change the front struts and a deal on tires for me :)

Thanks Ron!

Now to find out where that magic smoke came from on the 8v.....