17"x7" rims on '87 Scirocco 16V

wow sucks to be you guys, i got 17"x7" (ET 40 or 42 i cant remember) flik
wasps with falken ziex 512 tires 205/40/R17. the car is sitting on H&R coil
overs with bonrath poly strut bearings, it ONLY rubs on the fenders during
HARD corning, the car is also sitting about 2" lower than stock.  to rubbing
is a simple fix with the curvature of a base ball bat, but I'm lazy.  there
is about a 1/2" clearance between the strut and the wheel, no problems
there.  some things that will be a problem for you are
1.) your speedo is going to be WAY off, i got a 3.94 R&P and it was about
15mph off before i put the "special" gear from TT in.
2.)loss of power.  plain and simple, more rotating mass, and bigger wheels
tend to bend easier.(BTW my car can spin em' in 2end) plus to boot when you
do get them spinning its harder on your brakes to slow them down.
-BENEFITS-
yeah there is a reason i bought them...
1.)the look so much better with the right ride height. 17"s follow the
fender well much better that a smaller wheel
2.)tires are ALOT easier to buy, you have alot more flexibility with a 17"
wheel than something smaller
3.)they look sweet:)

so there you have it the good outweighs the bad, get 17"s i did, but i
wouldn't recommend any bigger unless your rich and have a lot of fab skills
let me know if there is anything else you want to know...I'm gonna get my
dad to post pics of mine so you can get an idea

later

Ben