Hard Start

I'm guessing warm up regulator, or cold start valve.  Spray a shot of carb cleaner or starting fluid in a vacuum line when it's cold and give it a crank.  Does it fire right up?  That's probably %75 cold start failure.  Mine has been dead for ages, I just carry around a can of carb cleaner.  Usually I don't need it though.

-Brendan

----- Original Message ----
From: "julie@menloparkrandd.com" <julie@menloparkrandd.com>
To: "A Org, Scirocco" <scirocco-l@scirocco.org>
Sent: Monday, April 16, 2007 7:24:40 AM
Subject: Hard Start

Lots of cranking, but no start when cold. (just like me). When it starts to start, it stumbles and dies, stumble and die. sort of like is on one too few cyls.
BUT. When warm starts first crank.

I figure:
1) CS injector
2)low fuel pressure (old fuel filter)

CS injector is my first thought. Sound feasable?

Julie, covered in snow and now with rain. (god I hate this spring)