Manifold tubes are plastic?!? and timing help

whew!!!!!!!!  i was very worried and getting really angry with the car.  we
almost had a scuffle over her lack of cooperation.  and i happen to have
bought a pretty nice allen key set with tons of sizes, so i think i will be
covered (or figure out something).

next question on timing...

oh man, i think it's all fubarred!  or i can't figure it out.  flywheel has
OBVIOUS "0" very near the little hak mark.  so, when it's at TDC, the little
dot on the cam is on the drivers side, lined up with the back of the valve
cover (i all back the part that is closest to the interior sitting area).
next, the rotor is sitting pointing almost diretly at the radiator (just a
little towards the drivers side).  Sort of pointing at #4 wire.  Next, I
think the wires were in the wrong order (my god, can anything else be wrong
here?).  I am counting #1 cylinder to be the one farthest over to the
passenger side, then 2, 3, 4.  The distributor, as it sits now, is going
4,2,1,3.  So, where do we go from here?

I am most exited to get the ar started, even with the broken injetor insert
(i will just replace all 4 while i am at it).

Thanks!!!
Lexan

$771/month*