Date: Wed, 11 Apr 2007 08:26:34 -0600
From: "Andrew McCausland" <ajmccaus@gmail.com>
Subject: New member
To: scirocco-l@scirocco.org

Hi all, just wanted to introduce myself to the list. My name is Andrew
McCausland and I live in Calgary Alberta, Canada. I owned a red 1987
scirocco 16v a few years ago during university and then sold it in 2003.
I couldn't stop thinking about the 53b 16v since then and last Sunday
(April 8), I picked up a one owner, black 16v with a few mods, some
spare parts, and a full service history (pretty much my dream 16v). I
plan to restore and upgrade the car and use it summer only on the road
and track. I'd like to do most of the work myself and already have a
Bentley in the mail from Chapters.

Currently on the priority list I'm looking for a set of tires and
shocks.
Currently I have a Bilstein sport kit (that's what the receipt from 1988
says), which includes lowered springs, and the shocks need to be
refreshed.
I'd appreciate opinions on sport shocks and where to get the best price
on them.

Thanks!

--
Andrew McCausland, E.I.T.