OT: COmputer help: Where is my drive?

I got a new CD today.  I wanted to rip it to my harddrive.  I open up WP 11
and go to the RIP  tab, and insert the disc.
Nothing.
Reboot, nothing.
Sometime since last thursday my computer has forgetten it has a CD drive.  I
ripped CD's last thursday  AND  burned one, FWIW.
I look under my computer and there is no listing for that CD?
WTF :confused:
FWIW it's a P3 with Win XP.  It's worked very well the 2.5 years since my
buddy built it for me.

And since I know the list thrives on oddities, the CD was Spaced Out: 10
Original Disco Funk Grooves.

TIA.

GP

--
"Fatal mistakes rarely happen, but funny things often do"