installing strut inserts on my A2

Oh, crappity.  I just assumed it was for a Scirocco.  I never even noticed
"A2" in the subject line!

-----Original Message-----
From: Gordy Stedman [mailto:ydrogs@gmail.com]
Sent: Friday, April 06, 2007 1:49 PM
To: Jim R; Scirocco-l@scirocco.org
Subject: Re: installing strut inserts on my A2

Hope he is asking about S2 strut replacement because it is different for an
A2 ;)  If so then you nailed it Jim.

On 4/6/07, Jim R <sciroccos@earthlink.net> wrote:

Remove the strut cartridge nut and

That is usually the fun part due to the fact that the cap is usually rusted
on pretty tight.  I do not know when they changed over from the screw in cap
with the threads on the inside of the strut holder VS the nut the screws on
with the threads on the outside.  I usually clamp it down in the vice and us
a big ass pipe wrench on it.  Good luck and enjoy the new struts!
--
Gordy
MK1 x 5