OT: USB adapters for PCMCIA slots

On 6:41 pm 04/02/07 T Berk <bayareaberk@yahoo.com> wrote:

> Here is my quick and cheapy answer (before I read the
> other replies);
>
> It sounds like you have too much current draw
> (something that needs charging will likely) you need a
> powered USB hub to plug these devices into.
>
> Now, I'll go check the other replies and see how I
> matched up with the consensus.
>
> TBerk

Well, I'm trying to find any cheesy way to avoid buying a new computer, and
the only real problem with this one is the USB port. So if I can power up
this cardslot adapter, I'm happy. So Adam and I are rigging up a real mess
to solve that problem, I only ever use the USB when I'm using this machine
as a desktop anyway, so a bulky fix for this is fine, and the solution
we're hacking up is bigger than the laptop itself, but should work. I got
my answer, I need to provide 5V. Cheap is the key, as I know this machine's
days are numbered, it's really too old to throw much cash at.
Cathy