light thingy

On 9:43 am 09/29/06 "Kathryn Griffin" <griffink1@nku.edu> wrote:
> my shift key-thingy blinks on pretty much anytime i have my foot on
> the gas. my biggest prob is sometimes i think my oil light is
> flickering, and freak out and have to stop and check (i drove a saturn
> completly dry once. bad scene.) ive mentioned that my dashboard goes
> dark when i turn my lights on- is the shifty thing another relay gone
> bad?
>
> -P.S. anyone heard of a heater core recall for pretty much any
> scirocco?
>
> -katy
> ('84 silver wolfsburg)

I know there are recalls on Jetta heater cores of similar years to ours,
but I don't know if Sciroccos had such a thing. And the light thing? Likely
a flaky wire somewhere, or the dial on the light switch is getting tired,
or the connections to it are not clean/secure. If you decide to try another
light switch, Cabriolets had similar ones.
Cathy