home stretch

The scirocco is almost on the road. I have a couple small things to do
and then degrease/regrease the rear wheel bearings. The first thing is
attaching the new break cables to the hand lever. How do you do this?
Just grab the back of the threaded section with needle nose vice grips
and pull? Or is there some secret, easy way to put both cables on the
cross bar thing and pry it into place?

Also, what do I use to clean the bearings? They have been exposed for
longer than they should have been but there is still plenty of grease on
them.

--
	--Jacob Hawes
Cars: