From: Ben [mailto:vwtype53@yahoo.com]
Sent: Wednesday, September 20, 2006 11:34 AM
To: Scirocco List
Subject: Re: Mk1 Glass question

This is unbelievable!  A couple of years ago Daun bought the last Mk1
windshield available in the
country... then last year Peter found us a crate of mk1 windshields back
from the 80's in some
warehouse or something... I thought for sure I was one of the last people to
get a "new"
windshield.  And now someone had a bunch made!  This is great news... but
will the supply be there
in the future when we all really need it?  Looks like the batch of
windshields from this
Pilkington Glass is dwindling fast... down to only 5 left I think I read...
get one quick.

I just hope there is enough demand in the future in case we ever need them
again... it's a
windshield, so the need is always going to be there, just a matter of when.
:(

Ben
'80 Scirocco with a "knock on wood" good windshield!

--- Brian McGarvey <bmcgarvey@gmail.com> wrote:

> NOT MINE..
>
> Turns out somebody just had some made/got.
>

> http://forums.vwvortex.com/zerothread?id=2357132
>

> OK guys, glass is in!
> Here's the skinny:
> Windshields are $225.00ea, and shipping on 1 thru 4 is a flat $100.00
> in the continental US.
>
> If you are in Canada, the price is the same, however you will pay
> $150.00 for shipping and you will need to supply your own broker to
> handle getting them across the boarder.
>
> HOW TO ORDER:
>
> Call Randy at Pilkington Glass: 1-800-848-1351 and mention VWVORTEX GROUP
BUY.