damnit!1

Jason,

  Just take a deep breath and focus, You have plenty of time to get there and all will be good.

  El T

Verboten1 <verboten1@gmail.com> wrote:
  sooo, i was stopping by my house on the way into work, to get some junk
outta the car. I wanted to empty the car so i had room to carry stuff to
H2O.

park at the curb, and try to back up. No reverse. No first, no anything but
3rd. i figured my shift linkage fell apart again.

manually put it into first and pull up to the garage. get the trouble light
and BAM, the pivot mounted to the trans broke split the hole right in half (
i Have the USRT shit linkage) strip the pivot piece off teh GTI, remove the
broken one, mod teh GTI piece.
Its now 8:05 and i am supposed to be to work at 8, ugh i call in tell themi
will be late.

get everything fixed. No reverse, second or fourth. hopefully i will be
ableto get it adjusted at lunch. I still have to pack and clean teh car out
so my buddy an i can get our asses to MD,.

thats my rant....

-J
'87 16V