What a Weekend!

Last weekend was a nightmare, and to make a long story short I when to NY to visit Jen (g/f) we went to Walken Glen, her dad races a MGA twin cam and they had there vintage race weekend.  Well on the way from Walken Glen to Ithaca my Jetta starts to overheat. insert headbang.  I got it back to her Apt. but with no tools I was stuck.  The problem bad water pump.  So to the dealership it went, along with my wallet.. So Friday after work I started the look over on my 01 Jetta.  I also replaced the coil packs because they have been throwing codes for a month now.  So with that done I take it for a drive and I still have the same miss right under boost (low rpm heavy load).  Come to find out that a few of the wires leading to the coils became bare and were arcing to the VC.  I taped them up and bingo problem fixed.

Saturday morning my girlfriend sister's boyfriend calls me up, he just got his car back from a shop and the car was running the shit.  So I told him I would give him a hand.  (Not to much car knowledge).  The car is a 91 GTI with a 2.0 8v ABA swap.  I start the car up & without question was running on 3 cylinders.  All four plug fired, so it was time to get down and dirty.  Removal of the intake manifold, pulled the injectors and fuel rail & plugs.  I had him turn the car over and sure enough Cylinder 1 injector didn't fire.  Swapped the injector, still nothing, so I plug the wire into another injector when doing that the inject didn't fire. Started to track wire insert headband..  To shorten this email up I found the problem and re-installed everything.  Car started right up on all 4, but still had a problems under load.  9:00pm I called it quits after working on it for 6 hours.

Yesterday back over I went to fix some of the wiring nightmare someone did on the car another 3 hours of work.  Used some contact cleaner on the connectors for the ABA harness and finally the car was fixed.  So 9-10 hours of work and he has a cleaner engine bay, For Free.

-Brian
85 Scirocco 8vT       01 Jetta 20vT       84 Rabbit GTI