parking brake Q

I was moving the Scirocco around in the driveway yesterday when the parking
brake gave out.
Upon closer inspection, two of the "parking brake adjusting nuts" had come
off the "compensating bar" i.e. the 'u' shaped bracket that mounts to the
bottom of the handle.
In fussing around to get the nuts back on and the compensating bar back on
the bottom of the e-brake handle, I'm frustrated that *the parking brake
cables are of unequal length.*
This is just making it a bitch to get it all back together...  The
difference is maybe just 1/2 or 3/4 pf an inch, but it's just enough to make
the compensating bar sit like \ instead of like --
I've got it back together now, but I wanted to share this with the group
lol.
Anyone else have this?
Are my parking brakes about to fail catastrophically because of the unequal
cable length?

Thanks,
GP

P.S. - Oh yeah - I 'less than three' all of you.

--
"Fatal mistakes rarely happen, but funny things often do"