[OT] 1990 Jetta

This is actually a very common thing, at least with American cars.  It has
something to do with defrosting better, but it also runs the compressor
more often and keeps the oil in there moving around so next time you turn
on the AC(which for some of us could be 6-8 months later) it won't seize up.

John