need advice, beginning work on '84

<Replies within>
Dan suggested some good things, which have been snipped...

Dan also says: After that you can upgrade your camshaft

Hehehe, a cam swap :)  :)

> Course if you want to and have the money you can go nuts. There is no
> limit to how much you can upgrade!!

No kidding! And it just never ends either, there's always something fun to
do to these cars!

Well, hello! I often serve as list greeter, and with a name like Katy you
must be cool! This list is an excellent place to learn about improving your
Scirocco, or just keeping it alive. Whatever your goal is, there's someone
here who can help. Folks on here are really nice. I bought my 16V 6 years
ago today I think (now I'll have to look that up..., and if so, happy
birthday to Blackie too!!). One bit of advice I'll pass on is that you
should try to do as much of your own work as you can, garages are getting
less and less able to deal with cars as old as ours, and if you do it
yourself, you'll know exactly what got done. When I got mine, I didn't even
know how to take the battery out of it, I've sure become more familiar with
it since then!

Anyway, beware, you have one now, the darn things will infest your property
before long! And DO come to the big get together in June in Wilmington!
Cathy
1987 Arctic Blue Metallic 16V
1985 Tornado Red Wolfsburg still sitting
1980 parts MkI
1979 Kolobri green 8V
and some other scrap iron