From: "Kathryn Griffin" <griffink1@nku.edu>
Sent: Wednesday, September 13, 2006 10:20 AM
Subject: RE: need advice, beginning work on '84

hi,
my name is katy and Ive had my scirocco for about 2 years. For a while it was just a car that i took basic care of to get me from one place to another, but the longer i drive it the more i love it. I really want to start seriously fixing it up, and would like some suggestions about the first things to tackle. its an '84 inline 4 1.8 wolfsburg edition. specifically, is there anything to work on to improve acceleration and general performance? its also getting some very minor surface rust spots- i plan to repaint soon, so is there anything i can do to stop the corrosion before i repaint? any advice for the beginning scirocco enthusiast would be much appreciated.
                                            thanks,
                                                   katy
(if i send this the wrong way or something somebody tell me please- im not very tech-sauve)