Got rear-ended: Need advice

/rant
I was driving my Quantum, turning left at a green arrow.  Light turned
yellow, guy in front of my stopped short, I stopped, lady in a Suburban
smacked my good.  Messed up my bumper and hatch, cracked a tail light.
My head hit the headrest, I have a headache and my neck is sore. In a
hurry, I didn't call the cops, but I got her information.  Her son had
to translate, she spoke minimal inglais (she's Hispanic).  She didn't
give me her last name.  I went to the police, they won't investigate an
accident unless an officer was called to the scene.  Went to the body
shop, $2135 in damage.  Went to my insurance company (my agent speaks
Spanish), she called the lady, who thought she had Allstate, but thought
the agents name was Eric Beck (a good friend of mine, an American Family
agent).  She still didn't give her last name, apparently she has a bunch
of tickets and doesn't want her insurance company involved, and wanted
to talk to her husband first.  I'm meeting her tonight, I guess to
settle.  My agent told me if it gets run through her insurance, it'll
most likely be totaled, and I'd get market value for the car (around
$600).  Of course, they don't take into account the uniqueness or rarity
of the car, or the fact that's in the take-the-kid-to-day-car-mobile,
it's just a car.  I got KBB, NADA, and Edmunds estimates ($680-$2400,
depending on condition), NADA's low retail is $1900, which is the value
I'm taking with me.  I'll meet her tonight, and see what happens, but I
really hope I don't get screwed.  I know I should have called the cops,
etc, and I REALLY wish she spoke English (I'll save that rant for
another day), but if they refuse to settle for what I want, what should
I do?  Call a lawyer?  Get a gun?

Ugh....

Thanks for listening, any advice would be appreciated.

Nate
/endrant