Attn: Listers! Dub Dash 5 rallye/show coming SOON...Oct. 14-15th in Dayton, OH

This is Chris from [URL=http://dubdojo.com]http://dubdojo.com[/URL]

http://dubdojo.com/DubDash5 for more info and pre-registraion.

I want to tell you all about Dub Dash 5, the biggest little show you've
never been to.

I was the guy with the old 73' 412 variant at the Fest this year....

I'd love it if some of you guys would come to our event this year...

It's gonna be bigger and better than ever and I want to let you know we're
doing a Vintage VW rush this year for all A1 and A2 vehicles.

Also, Colin will be there in his MINT A1 20v Scirocco and will be flying for
us to get areial footage of the event.

The Dub Dash started five years ago as a last minute idea to end the car
show season with a bang.

That first year we had about 88 cars total and almost every one of them ran
the Dash. When we got back, we had a BBQ and "show" and hung out till well
after the sun went down, and agreed that the Dash should be an annual
event.....the rest is history.
 Location is key to anything, and Dayton, OH is the perfect area in the
Midwest to host a show. We have interstates 75, 70, 35, 675, and many other
major arteries that convene here from all points. We regularly pull a good
sized caravan from the Uberdubs group in Indianapolis, Indiana, the CVOL
group from Louisville, Kentucky, MIVE group from Michigan, some other
Northern Ohio groups, such as fatdubs and dub-society, and Volkswagen/Audi
enthusiasts as far as Tennessee.

 The Dash has always been a gathering/party first, and a rallye/car show
second...

I'm very happy to say we've found the perfect venue ever for Dub Dash this
year and It will allow for camping, a BIG-ASSED meet and greet/costume party
with live entertainment the night before, and tons more!

 You simply couldn't ask for a better venue and here's why....

PAVED area for the show, which is accessable to the lowest of the low cars.
GRASSY area for the campers and swap-meet vendors (Yes, there will be both
this year)
BUILDING for shelter if it rains
DIRT BIKE TRACK for RC car competition
HALF MILE off the main drag
CONVIENIENTLY LOCATED off of 35 W
MUCH MORE!!!!

I'm SUPER_STOKED about having this opportunity and think this will be our
big break to pave the way to being the nationally recognized show that we
should be....

We have the opportunity to explore through the old Peterson Cartridge
factory in Mason too, as it's our official checkpoint this year.

Admission is cheap....we have the swap....music.....food.....it's like a
festival pretty much.

 Live bands will play the meet & greet and there will be a garage available
to anyone having car problems.....it's only a one bay, so hopefully not alot
of people will need to use it....
If not, maybe someone can host a tech session...

Since I lived in Florida for a few months last year and have a good Florida
contingent on the Dojo, we should expect a few people to make the long trek
from down South this year too....alot of the Dubreich guys are already
confirmed.

The Dub Dash has always been a more local, grassroots type show, and it
slowly gets bigger and better as word of mouth travels. We have a lot of
unique things we bring to the table, including the one-off local cars, which
push the envelope of performance and style in many respects, but yet mainly
fly under the radar with little or no media coverage, just like the Dub Dash
itself.

The Dub Dash has a great vibe and mix of good people. Almost every person
that attends is a complete enthusiast, so you'd be hard-pressed to find a
car in the show that doesn't have at least a few modifications on it.....in
other words, there are NO stock cars at the Dub Dash.

The Dub Dash is open to ANY European car, regardless of year, make, or
model....
This makes for a very interesting variety and show field.

In addition to the air and watercooled VW's in attendance, we've had new and
old Porsches out, as well as Mini Coopers, Mercedes, Saab's, Volvo's, BMW's,
and so on....

We're always changing the formula slightly to keep the things interesting
too, such as switching up locations, routes, and objectives on the rallye,
making sure things don't get stale, and changing the judging and awards for
the show side of things.

No two years of the Dub Dash are exactly alike....in fact, far from it!

Help make history and live it at the same time!

Where else can you, camp, party, make and be with friends, DRIVE and ENJOY
your car with the same like-minded enthusiasts' AND get some of the best,
most thoughtful awards/prizes, best event shirts, and so many good memories
in one place?

We award the top 25 cars, regardless of make or model, along with some
really off the wall awards, such as "Most Brake Dust", "Baldest Tires",
etc., as well as best of show and best club participation.....that's
right....we don't break cars up into classes like most shows.  We let you
park with the people you came with!

We also don't care if your car is sparkling clean....our judges aren't anal
about the stupid details and the clutter you put all around it.....they look
at the whole picture....and the judges aren't just pulled randomly off the
street....they are genuine CAR GUYS that know what to look for.....they know
what kind of work goes into some of these cars, and look at the performance
side of things.
The last thing they care about is seeing if their hair looks good in the
reflection of your paint.

Considering this and the nature of a rallye, we don't care how many bugs are
splattered on your front bumper either.....we just hope you have an
unforgettable time out on the drive.

The Dub Dash is not a race, rather it's a chance to get out and enjoy our
cars and some nice Ohio roads and autumn scenery.

The sponsors are mostly local businesses, who are also enthusiasts
themselves, first and foremost.

In the end, you have a whole region of people of all ages that have one
thing in common.....the love of European cars and all the things that go
with it....in essence, we are one huge extended family and this is like a
reunion.....big-assed reunion BASH!

We are always looking for sponsors too, so if you know someone that would
mesh well with the event, please let us know.

We've never released a video of Dub Dash footage, but plan on putting one
together once we have years one through five ready to be edited, and we'll
stomp out some low-cost, but high quality DVDs that will be sure to
entertain.

Dub Dash 2 video (long, with burnout contest at the end)

[URL=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YSHp2irX1mY]click here[/URL]

Also, here's the Dub Dash section of the DubDojo forums, including all four
years of pictures sticky'd at the top.
*note* if not already a member, you may have to register.....sorry for the
inconvienience.

[URL=
http://dubdojo.com/forum/index.php?act=SF&f=27]http://dubdojo.com/forum/index.php?act=SF&f=27[/URL]

We usually have an average of 150 cars at the show and roughly 90 run the
Dash.

We should expect 200+ cars this year easily.

Check out the venue website for more info about the location.
[URL=http://www.daytonmc.org/]http://www.daytonmc.org/[/URL]

DUB DASH WILL BE HELD OCT. 15TH 2006 this year and THE MEET N GREET IS THE
NIGHT BEFORE AT THE SAME EVENT/CAMP LOCATION....

Be there or be square!
Sincerely,
--
Chris J. Longo
Coordinator/chairman

We're trying to get enough people to have interest in a dyno too, so please
respond if you're interested....I hope Colin runs his, as he's probably got
an easy 350 crank HP.

For $40 you'll get three runs.  We need several cars to be able to do this.