Gas Tank Woes.

Yeah, mine was done by the dealer on the recall a few years ago, but
initially they said the VIN wasn't in the right range (oddly the VINs on the
computer they had didn't even exist, wrong # of digits) and then they said
it had already been done twice, and then they said they would "check with
head office" ( and then they considered that I have a few VWs and it was
likely better for them if I was happy). On return of the car, the O ring on
the top of the tank wasn't seated right, and there was a nice bug waterfall
of gas at the first fillup, then they wrecked one of the gas lines at the
top, so the car smelled of gas for a while till I figured that out. Yeah, I
got mine done on warrantee, but it sure wasn't a "drop the keys at the front
desk" deal.
cathy