From: Jan Folkson [mailto:jfolkson@optonline.net]
Sent: Thursday, September 07, 2006 2:18 PM
To: scirocco list
Subject: Re: Gas Tank Woes.

Back in the early 90's my tank started leaking and vwoa would NOT cover
it.
The owner of the dealership and the service manager are both friends of
mine
and couldn't get vwoa to budge.  Cost me about $650 back then iirc.

- Jan Folkson
NYC, NY

http://www.janfolkson.com

'86 16V
'03 Passat GLS 1.8t
'03 Jetta Wagon 1.8t

"It's a 106 miles to Chicago. We got a full tank of gas, half a pack of
cigarettes, it's dark and we're wearing sunglasses." - Elwood Blues

> Mine is leaking just as described by the documents but it is a 1986
16V and
> the serial number is before the 1987/88 ones that are covered.  It
uses the
> same gas tank why did they exclude the first 1/2 of 1986's.  I have to
> submit a letter to VWoA with any documentation and they will review
it.

> On 9/7/06, Daun Yeagley <vwdaun@yahoo.com> wrote:
>>

>> --- Chris <open.seas@verizon.net> wrote:
>>
>>> It sounds like a defective tank was replaced with another
>>> defective
>>> tank. Thus, it was not corrected under the terms of the