  From: Don Walter
  To: raveracer77
  Cc: scirocco-l@scirocco.org
  Sent: Tuesday, September 05, 2006 08:40 AM
  Subject: Re: Firey Rocco

  I'm in Wisconsin and if it is not too far could check it out for ya.  BTW I have a backup scirocco!!!

  On 9/4/06, raveracer77 <raveracer77@yahoo.ca> wrote:

       Hey all.... got some bad news and some good news.  Bad first.  I live in the dessert.  Er, well that's bad, but not serious, the rain here when it rains is annoying.  DPO did a 91 Digi2 swap and botched together the two wiring harnessess... harnii?  Anyway, he's an idiot, water shorted something out, melted some of the fuse board and fuel pump won't run.  You'd think that on a rainy day things would be less likely to catch fire.  I'm not even going to mess with this mess... which brings us to the good news.  What, you ask?  I finally have the leverage I need to get the wife to let me buy myself a second car.  "Who has a back up car?  That's ridiculous" she says.  HA!  I win.  I have a feeling I'll lose a major battle later, but for now I win.  I'm looking at one of the MK2 GLi's on Vortex, actually all of them but I'm focusing on the one in Wisconsin.  I'm wondering if someone is in that area who may be able to look at it on my behalf if I clear it with the owner.  I need to make sure whatever I buy will make it to New Mexico with a short side trip to Canada to visit my wife, and no I won't rub it in.....  much.  Why she doesn't live with me in NM is a tear jerker concerning customs and borders and government agents of evil and alot of crying, not me, her, I don't cry.  Don't worry I'm not out of the Rocco fold and I don't have a terminally dead Rat Racer.  Actually this is the motivation I needed now that I have a house to do the Swap that I intended.  I have a 88 GTI parts car that runs but was T-boned so I'm good.  I'll be contacting swap masters later.  Love some help with the attempt at getting a new ride.  Thanks.

         Rave Racer
    '81 Scirocco Mk1 1.8L 8V Digifant 2
    '89 Jetta 1.8L 16V GTX
    '87 Audi 4000 Quattro