Electrical drain question-bad starter?

A good battery will still go flat if there is a slow drain of some type.
And that will make the starter not do a whole hell of a lot. So he's sure
it has a decent battery? Our Focus had a full charge but did the old "click
click click" or less. A new battery fixed it right up (oddly, one that
hadn't been good enough for my TDI to start well on). Maybe the battery's
not as good as a voltage test suggests (ie, a load test is called for), AND
it has a slow drain (eg, radio?)?
Cathy