I Broke Another... racing story

> stock spec...   I'm not so sure Allyn's 600lb/1minute on the impact
> would be a good idea though!  That's gotta stress the nut
> well beyond it's limits, and possibly negatively affect the
> bearing's longevity.

I *have* to do this to get more than 30k on a set of bearings on the Rieger.  Positive offset 17x8's will do that to you :).  Also,
after looking again (craftsman website), I found that the forward torque is 450ft-lbs, and once you consider the longer hose I'm
running and the loss of impact due to driving a big 30mm socket, I'm probably not actually going over 450ft-lbs anyhow.  Even at
this torque, I've never had threads strip or even gall.  As Dave Winchell can attest to, I'm not 'easy' on sweeping turns, and those
few years of Charleston driving can probably equate to a few 'off-track' excursions (read: 1" iron plates rivited is Charlestons
idea of a road patch - even on the highway).

Al