head to firewall ground strap

Have never been able to figure out the ground on the hood, but the strap between the head and firewall is to ensure the engine has a good ground to the body.
Remember all the engine mounts are rubber insulated.  It could ground through the gearbox, axles, and suspension, but that's a mostly rubber-insulated path as well: A-arm bushings, upper strut mounts, sway bar, shift linkage, clutch cable, etc.

larry
sandiego16v