seat height

-----Original Message-----
From: ignacio forrester [mailto:iforrester1@yahoo.com]
Sent: Monday, September 04, 2006 1:50 PM
To: scirocco-l@scirocco.org
Subject: seat height

so i just did a test fit and these gti sport seats do
indeed sit way to high for me even at the lowest tilt
setting.

can anyone confirm for me that the metal subframe of
corrado seats mounts lower, that it is not just a
question of cushion height?
-------------------------------------
It's both.  The frames and cushions are different, and in my educated
opinion not interchangeable.  The Corrado is not as tall, and therefore the
seats are shorter, even at their higher seat-height adjustment.  The Corrado
seats do not have as much bolstering though...
i will do the swap of materials over to the corrado
bottoms if i can find out for sure.

If I were you, I would just swap in the whole seat.  Since they are made by
different manufacturers (GTI seats are made by recaro, while the Corrado
seats are made by DKW IIRC), I would gamble that they won't mix and match
that way.  If they do mount-up alright, please do let me know.

G/L

David