The New Callaway

On 9/4/06, Xavsbud <xavsbud@gmail.com> wrote:

> Second:  The fuel pump has been making loud noises since I got the car last
> week.  Suddenly it wont start anymore and since this is suspect anyway, I
> got up under the car expecting to replace it this morning.  I have an extra
> pump from the BBS car that I thought I would throw in to see if that was the
> issue.  When I got under there I found this?
> http://scirocco.dyn.dhs.org/vw/list/Xavsbud/The%20Callaway/IMG_6677.JPG
> http://scirocco.dyn.dhs.org/vw/list/Xavsbud/The%20Callaway/IMG_6678.JPG  <
> http://scirocco.dyn.dhs.org/vw/list/Xavsbud/The%20Callaway/IMG_6679.JPG>
>   It has Aeroquip connections on both ends and I am pretty sure was not
> stock for a 79.  Any one have any ideas on part or replacement?  The side
> reads Aeromotive and the numbers on the one end read 0803.  Any help would
> be great.  I would like to get this on the road for a while before it goes
> in for restoration.

Dave,

Nice car!  I'm jealous!

On the fuel pump question, you could replace it with an inline Walbro
pump.  (Former) lister Scott Williams sells them here:

<http://usrallyteam.com/pumps.html>

A 255LPH pump would work fine for your application, with enough
headroom for future power increases.  Scott also has any adapters you
might need to hook it up, but it'll probably fit right in since a
Aeromotive pump was already installed...

He also has an Aeromotive pump listed, but it's rated at 500lph, which
is a bit overkill for your application!

HTH,

Later,

Mark.