gti sport seats in scirocco

On Sun, 3 Sep 2006 06:01:52 -0700 (PDT), ignacio forrester
<iforrester1@yahoo.com> wrote:

>longtime reader, 1st time poster.
>i have some gti sport seats i was able to get in great
>condition for little $$$.  my plan is to put them into
>the scirocco but i heard they sit a little high and
>corrado seats would sit lower.
>
>someone is offering me the metal bottom frames from
>the corrado seats and i was thinking of swapping the
>cushions and material over from the sport seats to the
>corrado metal floor frames.
>
>the thing is, the more i look at pictures of the
>corrado frame the more they look the same as these gti
>seats.  they both seem to have the height adjustment
>lever that allows you to drop the seat.
>
>is it the metal frame or the actual cushion that makes
>the gti seats sit higher?

This sort of question comes up a lot and any number of people have had
different experiences with installing Corrado seats.  I'm of the
opinion there are so many variables in seats as well as cars, the only
sure way to tell what works and what doesn't is a test fit.  The only
absolute truth seems to be that the outer tracks are the same.

Some will say it was an easy plug and play swap on their car, but I
had to do some grinding and reaming to adapt the center rail to my
locking pin setup.  Height adjustment (my original seats had none) can
make the Corrado seats lower in the rear, or put my head into the
headliner on the upper notches.  The improvement in comfort and
support on my car (which came with seats similar to a Type 1) was
incredible.  YMMV.

Gordon
75 Mk I/Drake 1.9