Heater/fresh air fan wiring question

On 10/29/06, C Boyko <roccit_53@scirocco.cs.uoguelph.ca> wrote:
> Do your wipers work with the key off? Maybe the load reduction relay is
> going for a crap. (Is/was this an AC car? There's a relay in that mess too,
> no clue when it does what it does).

I believe I bypassed the load reduction relay by wiring the switch
directly to the battery.  The Bentley diagram shows the power going
directly from the switch to the fan/resistors, so I'm stumped as to
why I'm hearing a relay-type clicking when I rotate the fan switch (oh
ya, it "clicks" when turned to off as well, contrary to what I
mentioned in my first post).

> My "working fan motor but no fan"
> problems were resolved by swapping the switch (tested out as okay but
> wasn't), or the second time it was melted crud on the fuse connectors due
> to a windshield leak which ended up right on that fuse (MkI). But I started
> into it because the fan would stay on all the time due to a bad load
> reduction relay, I'd forget the fan was on low till I returned to a car
> with a dead battery. I'd assumed it was a PO wiring bypass but it was all
> stock. GL, you need a fan this time of year!

Switch is fine - I tried a known good one with no difference.  I just
have no idea what that relay clicking is all about...

Thanks,

Mark.
75
82