Getting out of rocco business/parts car for sale...

long time no post--for those keeping track, i FINALLY settled my case
for the rocco; it'll be 2 years in december.  a word of advice, if you
don't have a stock car, GET IT APPRAISED. i always meant to, never got
around to it. so the '87 has been sitting in my yard for nearly 2
years, much to my girlfriend's dismay. i keep thinking i want another
one, but i really don't have time. and it kills me to get rid of all
of my hard-to-get parts.  so i'm getting out of the scirocco business,
and selling the car for parts. so sad.  the car was hit hard in the
front driver's side. i have no idea about the condition of the engine
or tranny.

ok, first off. $1000 firm. i could make waaay more than this if i part
it, but i don't have time/inclination. seriously, seats alone would go
for ~$500. if i don't sell it, i'm going to part it until i reach $1k,
then quit and send it to the yard. i don't want to do this, as there
are tons and tons of goodies on this car, and every mechanical part
prior to the wreck was pristine.  ground rules:
1. 1st person who actually gets me money wins.
2. full payment only please.
3. you're responsible for getting it to where ever you are. if you
feel like making a road trip to new orleans, i'll put you up for a day
or so.  the car will roll on its back wheels only.
4.  i'm not parting anything, so please don't ask.

the car:

Engine:
  1.8 liter motor bored and stroked to 2.0 liter,Techtonics Tuning
Fuel Enrichment Module (Disconnected),Techtonics Tuning Adj. Cam
Sprocket,Euro Intake Cam,K&N air filter,external oil cooler with
braided lines and Earl's fittings,Schrick Baffled aluminum oil
pan,lower temp thermostat and fan switch. VW Motorsport motor mounts
ARP Fasteners throughout.
  Exhaust:
  Techtonics Tuning race header and exhaust.
  Transmission:
  .80 ratio 5th gear conversion,Velocity Racing short shift kit, Scott
Rose's Solid Shift Kit.
  Suspension:
 H&R race springs, Bilstein Sports, Shine racing rear bar, no front
sway,Polyurethane bushings all around, neuspeed front strut tie bar.
Also: old style dasher strut bearings with poly inserts.  note that
these are impossible to get.
  Wheels:
TSW alpines 15".  1 is bent from the accident, the others have been
touched up but are decent.
  Tires:
Yokohama EVS100's with plenty of tread.
  Brakes:
  11.0" G60 front brake conversion w/ slotted rotors,8.9" slotted rear
brakes,MetalMaster pads all around,stainless steel brake lines.
  Exterior:
 Euro bumpers,Kamei sport grille (the metal one).  the front bumper
had been tweaked in an earlier fender bender and was thankfully off
the car at the time of wreck.  it shouldn't be much of an issue to fix
(i had already straightened the frame).
  Lighting:
  Euro headlights.  i can't get at the front of the car right now; 1
of the lights may be ok, or partly so, but for the sake of the sale
please assume that they're all toast.
  Interior:
  Black leather interior from 92 Corrado (front--rear is leather rocco
seats). nearly mint. these are also impossible to get. crack free
dash. you know about those.  uncut black trunk lid (a bit warped, but
not bad).  door locks modified for car alarm.  hell, i'll throw in the
alarm too.  don't remember the brand, but it has an lcd remote that
tells you when the alarm goes off.  cool. stock leather wheel with
fairly rare "scirocco" insert.  stock leather shift boot/knob.
numerous numerous other little bits, and probably much more i don't
remember. i had restored everything on this car. you'll be pleasantly
surprised.  as far as what i know to be bad, the 2 rear windows were
katrina victims.  all other glass is good.  driver's fender and maybe
door is tweaked. pass side is good i think.  color silver.

i don't have pics at the moment, and the car is fairly immobile and i
can't get to the front.  all descriptions are to the best of my
knowledge.  if you want to check out my rep, i've been a list member
for ~10 years.  ebay name is abatzis.  payment is paypal only (no
credit card) or i guess western union.  no checks/money orders of any
kind.  the car probably won't be ready for pickup for a month or so.
i just signed the settlement, and i think i need to get a salvage
title before i sell it. also need to get the final stuff from the ins
co. i think that's it.

--
-Michael Abatzis
New Orleans!