Converting Power Steering to Manual

-----Original Message-----
From: steve hartman
"i have just recently done that on my 86 rocco.  power to manual....the
problem is in the length of the knuckle, it's too short.  i had  put 1 inch
into the center of the knuckle. crude however it works the same
the splines seem to line up for me....?!?"

Yup, I'm pretty sure the manual link is 13" end to end, and the splines are
the same.

Cutting a PS link in half and welding it together with a snugly fitting pipe
will work fine, as long as the welds are good. Then again, it would really
suck if it broke...

I'd grab Marc's spare manual link.

Peter