From: Don Walter [mailto:dswalterwi@gmail.com]
Sent: Wednesday, October 25, 2006 6:49 PM
To: Scirocco List
Subject: Converting Power Steering to Manual

Just ordered a new rack and parts from GAP to convert from Power
Steering to Manual on the Punks car.  GAP told me I need to get a
different universal knuckle from an older A1 car that had manual
steering as the splines on the manual rack are different and won't work
with the knuckle from on the car with PS.  Anyone heard of this?  Has
anyone had to do this when they converted.  and if so does anyone have
one of these?

--
Don Walter - Waukesha, WI
1986 8V Black Scirocco (Daily Driver)