head-ache

   in the process of removing the stock camshaft from my '85 i heard a
snap. thinking it was just a stud relieving tension i didn't pay any
attention to it. i replaced the stock cam with the g-grind that i had
and loosely tightened it down. as i was unsure of what car the g-grind
came out of i turned it a few times to make sure it hit all the lifters
properly. damn thing snapped in two between the second and third lobes.
to top it off, the upper cam bearing piece, second from the end, decided
it didn't want to come off easily. i managed to work it off only to find
that the oil journal leading up to it had cracked on both sides all the
way to the base. said a few choice words, grabbed the head that i had
stored in to have the valve job done and found out today that it's too
warped to do anything with. that leaves me with one other head that i
can use. such a pain in the ass.

--
  /\_/\	  Foxx (in a box)
< o o >	  http://foxx.tripod.com