Mechanics Report on Callaway

If the shaft is that bad, it has prob. impacted on the housing and the fins
will be toast. You can pick up new "rebuild" kits to do it yourself, but
the rotomaster turbo was bought out by Garret and they use the t3/4 base (I
believe)

So you can easily replace the turbo with a more modern (better?).  I have
seen t4's going for $200-300 new on ebay. Just check the flange.

The only benefit of the Rotomasters were they typically had a water jacket
for cooling, which many of the garret's did not.

Turbocity used to rebuild them (I think it was them).

> --Removed Turbo inlet pipe.  Turbo shaft VERY loose, will turn but
> cannot spin freely.  Unable to access turbo, send out for rebuild, or
> exchange turbo (without removing head)
> --Internet info states that original turbo was ROTOMASTER TO4B

   Cory Langford
   82/83/78 shells looking to become a race car 8^)
   81 1.8S (for Supercharged)
   78 1.9L 8V Turbo
   86 2.1L 8V Turbo
   68 Ghia