History repeats itself...?

On 10/18/06, Allyn <amalventano1@tds.net> wrote:
> Fellow listers,
>
> I am disgusted by the very thought of even having to make this post, but I believe after reading it, you will find it was necessary
> for the greater good that makes this list happen.

Good call Allyn.  Thanks for having the balls to post this.  With all
the cozy bullshit on the list lately it's refreshing to see...  Don't
sweat any repercussions for bringing this up either - they're not true
friends if they still side with the deadbeat buyer now that the facts
are out...

Deals are rarely perfect for both buyer and seller in their own eyes,
but when someone takes advantage of a *very* stand-up lister like this
I think it's a good idea to warn the rest of us.  I would have named
names, but I'm an asshole like that...  :D

I would have never expected this behaviour from the buyer, especially
with all the goodwill afforded him/her (or apparently both) from the
list over the years...  Wow, I'm floored - especially w/ all the
concessions made to make the seller happy, including a $700 reduction
for something that would have cost (this particular buyer) almost
nothing to repair except time and a bit of metal...  At that point the
seller went *far* beyond what any "private" seller would have done,
and the buyer should have been appreciative and at the very least held
up their end of the deal.

Hang in there buyer, you're clearly in the right here so don't feel
like you're losing any face on the list...  Hopefully the issue will
be resolved quickly...

Later,

Mark.
75