Poor Canadians

Yeah, I know, I'm irresponsible tooting all over for my own pleasure. I
burned a few gallons of diesel to get to Daun's, the Bug's sitting at 762
kms on the trip odo and still has 1/4 tank of Wilmington, Ohio diesel to
burn. And compared to what Adam's building (52 gph) Daun's Cessna is also
pretty economical at 10gph. Wonder how much that C-5 burns? I carpool to
work, and have been driving a 50 mpg vehicle since 1987. But I could do
better, and just hunker down here in the bush. Peak oil is a frequent topic
at the lunch table.
Anyway, while I struggle to get my cars to pass the ETest, the local coal
fired power plant has had testing of emissions cancelled by our last
Conservative provincial government. And our local asthma rates continue to
soar. I could get all depressed and think that a good pandemic is the
earth's only hope, but I'm not volunteering to get off the planet just yet.
Hopefully the thousands of trees I've started are merrily chewing through
some of the CO2 I've produced. :)
Cathy