New guy intro and Lookin for a transaxle

Hi everybody!

My name is Andy and I've got a 84 Rocco.  About 2 weeks ago I noticed a real
fast oil leak from the trans and on Saturday I finally got a chance to pull
the trans out. Well I was hoping it was just a oil seal but it looks like
the crossshaft on the diff came loose and knocked a hole in the trans case
just inside the bellhousing.

So now I'm looking for a replacement trans. I'm in East Lansing, MI and the
car is back at my folks place in Rochester. I called up that VW Parts Place
in Auburn Hills and they said $700+ for a Rocco close ratio and $400+ for a
rabbit trans. I figure I could get a better price from someplace else.

So anyone got something in the garage collecting dust? :)

Thanks,
Andy