scirocco.org

On 12:43 am 10/09/06 Spewey <spewey@comcast.net> wrote:
> C Boyko wrote:
> >  Hey, I have two Sciroccos, and I really enjoy them. Anyone else?
> >  Like seriously, what's up with your Scirocco Spewey? I thought
> >  this was a car list???
>
> What?  It's for sale.  I don't do cars anymore.  I still love
> Sciroccos best but I don't even patch my other vintage watercooleds
> unless they break.  Do you want to drum me out because I don't
> actively do Scirocco work?  Go ahead.  Drum me out.  Get rid of
> everybody you don't know.

No, not my intent. I just wondered if you had one, were looking for one, or
what since you hadn't mentioned one for some time now. The "object" isn't
the "unifying concept", but usually there's a shared interest.

> Make them jump through a hoop before you let them read about your
> track times.  Just like all the other VW boards.  As if they cared.
> It's a young man's game but you seem to want to bully people gently.
> You should let them be who they are.

Did you really read this? I guess I should just hang up the keys, perfect
my knitting and wait for grandchildren and the grim reaper quietly then?
Doesn't sound too accepting to me.

> It's just another innernet community.
 If you really accept strangers,
> you need to accept that they have their own politics, sexual
> orientation, other hobbies, drunken habits, senses of humor, and pets
> in order to absorb them.  This place isn't that.

I'd beg to differ, it is NOT just another internet community, but it seems
I'm part of the problem, so that won't help. I sincerely care about these
cars AND the people on this list, so if I act a bit protective, that's the
reason. I think my words and actions have demonstrated that adequately, but
if you'd like me to leave, well, it ain't happening.
Cathy