VW Eos

but I DO know that I am highly skeptical of the longevity of
> this car.  45 motors?  Planned Obsolesence is not just for CD players
> anymore...

Nope, like I said, the Lexus SC430 retractable hardtop uses 45-some-odd
motors and actuators, the top on the Eos uses about 10.  Much less
comlicated, and more likely to a) last longer, and b) stay parallel with
itself to properly close.  From the sounds of it, the Lexus top (and
others) suffer from poor design and complex cabling, the top ends up
closing off kilter (one side closes faster, slower, or just a little
different) from the other, causing problems.  The Eos top was engineered
as simple as possible to minimize these kinds of problems.  Eliminate?
Doubt it, but it should be more reliable than other retractable hardtops
on the market.

Nate