OT: Fox help...

-----Original Message-----
From: T Berk [mailto:bayareaberk@yahoo.com]
Sent: Friday, October 06, 2006 6:45 PM
To: David Utley; 'Scirocco list'
Subject: Re: OT: Fox help...

--- David Utley <fahrvergnugen@cox.net> wrote:

> Hey all,
>   I have a '93 Fox I am trying to troubleshoot.

Q: Do you have (factory) Air Conditioning in this 93
Fox?

---Yes, although it does not work.  The prev. owner removed the AC belt, so
I would imagine there was a good reason.

Q2: Have you gotten out the volts meter and checked
the fuse location for the radiator fan to determine if
12v is even getting past the fuse box?

----#19 as long as the key on the fuseblock cover is correct.  I do have
power there, and the fuse is good.

Sorry I don't have a Bentley for such and my hands on
FOX example was 15 years ago. Given a Bentley or
Haynes repair manual (the later are cheaper btw) you
will get much farther in diagnosing the trouble.

hth,
TBerk

I might have to pick one up.  To you happen to remember if this car has a
resistor ballast for the rad. fan?  I think it might, and if it does I would
think it could be either the ballast or the relay that is bad...

Thanks, T.

Cheers,
  David