Was Re: BMW 850 ci for sale-cheap! Now Scirocco MK VI

> So is the new 2-door hatch going to be called Scirocco or has VW
> Marketing not yet decided on the name?  In fact, I've seen a few
> different renderings of what is to come, have they even finalized the
> design?
>
> - Camron from Vancouver, WA USA
>     '86.5 Black 16V 2.0L Scirocco

They've had a prototype released in the Fatherland, and also shown in
Paris. Those who have seen it in person say it's tall to be called a
Scirocco (a true four seater), but it's much better looking in person than
the press releases have indicated. One of the faithful whos seen it
continually uses words like "gorgeous" and "muscular". Proof will be in the
pudding, having it land in a showroom in real life, and for me to actiually
drive one. The new GTI seems to seduce those who sit in it and take it for
a spin, so I'm hopeful. It'll never be a tossable A1, but OTOH, I'm looking
at it as a sexier replacement for the bug. Price will be the other
determining factor for me.
cathy