wanted: a1 vw - For Sale '83 Rabbit GTI

I have an '83 Rabbit GTI, that I'm selling...
It might be a little far for you, but this car is almost rustfree, and it
would make a great daily driver.

For sale: 1983 Rabbit GTI In Delaware 19701 almost rust-free!!! $1200 or
best offer, or $1000 Firm
I'm getting ready to sell my latest black Rabbit GTI. I picked it up a few
months ago, because all my cars were down, and I needed a car to get around.
You might have seen it for sale here on Vortex, "FS: 83 Rabbit GTI
Chalkboard paint rust free --->1200 obo", it has black chalkboard paint,
with a finish flag roof.

>From the original seller's ad:
http://forums.vwvortex.com/zerothread?id=2952776 :

83 GTI CAR IS LOCATED IN WILMINGTON DELAWARE about 20 min south of Philly
no sunroof
Painted with black chalkboard paint...you CAN write on it..
Checkerd roof
Clean Interior
120 Speedo
Starts up every time
new fuel pump
new fuel filter
new battery
Good tires
NO RUST at all!
Comes with new shifter bushings
no Leaks
Could use some new spark plug wires
Great Fun car..
I'm selling it because I have no room for it in my driveway and I'm moving
and I can not take the car with me
I Paied 1200 for it and put a few hunded into it.
Im asking for 1200. Make an offer!!!

>From the original seller's ad:
http://forums.vwvortex.com/zerothread?id=2952776

My ad:
http://forums.vwvortex.com/zerothread?id=2783816 :

I want a $1000 for it, and the Rabbit GTI is 99% rust free, because it was a
North or South Carolina car, and it was recently brought up to Delaware. I
went over it, and I only found one small spot on the driver's rocker, behind
the door, where they usually rust, otherwise it's really clean. It's mostly
stock, no sunroof  , and the headliner is in place, which is unusual for a
Rabbit GTI. Fuel drips right before the fuel pump when it sits, but a new
fuel hose is included, and it just needs to be installed. I replaced the new
gas cap, because it pressurized the fuel system, and made it leak at the
filler neck. The stock exhaust is pretty beat, but passed Delaware
inspection, after I patched it in 3 places with tailpipe/muffler repair
tape, and should last through winter. It's tagged for 2 years, and is
transferable in Delaware. The shift bushings still need to be replaced, and
it's difficult to get into 1st.
It has an after market EMPI shifter, and a 120MPH speedo with a stuck
odometer. The grill is all F'd up, and I'm including a replacement, in much
better shape. It has snowflake wheels with plenty of treadlife on 185 60 14
tires.

I have 3 other black Rabbit GTI's, that I'm more attached to; one with a
rollcage, one with a rollbar, one with a 3A 2L, getting a rollcage soon, and
all have TT Borla exhausts. I no longer need a daily driver, since I
recently bought a '99 Jeep TJ...

Pics will be posted soon...

The GTI is located in Bear Delaware 19701, which is 40 min south of Philly
and 40 min north of Baltimore. Peter@***********.com Peter 302.832.8989
after 11AM EST.

My reply from another thread:

I'm working on the pics, and I've tried to list everything, that I know
about.
I only drove it for a few months, and filled it up about 5 times.
It started everytime, but sometimes I had to crank it over for about 10-15
seconds, but only to re-start it.

There's 2 nicks in the windshield, on the passenger side.
It will go into 1st, but it's real easy to get reverse instead, but the
included shift bushings should fix that. The exhaust is on it's last leg,
but should easily last you through winter. I taped the exhaust, replaced the
idle screw, and adjusted the idle to get it through Delaware inspection.

http://forums.vwvortex.com/zerothread?id=2952776

Peter