Charging woes

 -----Original Message-----
> From: Jim Jarrett [mailto:jarrett@rpa.net]
<snip>

And then PETER said:

> The alternator should put out 13.8-14.1V, but a bad
> battery can pull that
> down to ~12V.
>
> Peter

Yep, yep- You should charge the battery overnight with
a small amount of Amps (2A setting?) and get it back
to tippy-top shape. The conversion of mechanical to
electrical potential in the battery is done
chemically. ;])

It's that conversion that is drawing down your power,
once you _know_ the battery is again a _source_ of
electricity and not a _drain_ on the system then you
can test the electrical system in place.

Otherwise your going to want to think about pulling
the ALT and having it bench-tested. But we aren't
there yet.

TBerk

Yahoo! Music Unlimited
Access over 1 million songs.