Re my car, now at least half OT

> I found a way to stop the battery from being discharged on the black
> MKII. I get out after popping the hood and disconnect the neg battery
> cable. Re attach to run the car. Ok, so its inconvienient, but its
> theft proof!

LOL!!! Yeah, I have one of those, but it's a Ford...time to figure out
where the draw is I guess...for both of us.

> Ok. Back to the cable station of your choice.....

My choice? Yeah, for my birthday, I decided to try to figure out why the
Bug's fuel tank lid actuator isn't actuating. 12V at the switch, so it's
probably the actuator motor. Maybe. So on to get to it to actually see if
it works. But where the hell is it, oh mounted on the bracket under the
rear side hatch trim.
>From the Bentley. Remove fuel filler lid/cap/etc. Remove side hatch trim.
To do that? Well, remove rear key plate trim. No problem. Remove side rear
panel trim. To do that? Remove rear seat headrests, bench and back. Remove
seatbelt tensioner. Remove C pillar trim. To do that? Remove B pillar trim
and may as well just shoot yourself now, cause that fuel door lid ain't
never gonna work again.....I got tired trying to figure out where it all
ends, there's one f^()*()ing screw that is still buried on the rear hatch
trim, and the car is in pieces, no rear seat, no rear trim, and working up
to the front... Gonna be a lot of rattles on the way to work tomorrow. My
Passats looked more assembled when they left for the wreckers.

Oh, and Klaus? He's still a good boy, I ripped into him too, why stop when
you're on a good demolition bender? :)
Cathy