9A block from Audi 88

Are you sure you're not referring to the 3A block? If you're here in the
states, I don't think that Audi released a 16v engine - in '88 it was the Audi
80, 90, and 100, IIRC... the 80 had the 3A block in it.

The 3A block is a nice piece and if it's in good condition, that asking price
is very good! I'd snatch it up either way if it's in good shape...

BTW - try to get the distributor with it if the guy still has it...

HTH, JT