Bad Alt?

If your battery shows 12+  Volts when you park it (should be like 12.5V
give or take), the alternator is most likely charging it. If it goes flat
while sitting it may be a bad battery or a parasitic drain of some sort.
Easy to narrow down those two, simply pull the negative terminal connector
off overnight and see if it holds its charge. If not, the battery's crap.
If it holds its charge, then you get to figure out which circuit is sucking
it dry. On both of mine, it was something in the radio circuit. I'd rather
have to turn the key on to hear tunes than have a car that won't start. I
HATE a car that won't start.
And yes, a brand new battery can be junk. BTDT, the most dramatic example
in my experience was one for my Audi 5000, right from the dealer, had a
dead short which vented acidic fumes once the car was running. Problem was
it was mounted under the back seat (which is why I got it from the dealer
to begin with) Yeah, that was an enjoyable drive, cough cough.
Cathy