From: Rick Kellner [mailto:rfkellner@snet.net]
Sent: Saturday, November 25, 2006 2:44 PM
To: 'Scirocco list'
Subject: Scored Drive Flanges; can they be machined?

I just removed a set of 100mm drive flanges for future use on a 4K.
Unfortunately both flanges have some minor scoring on the surface that
mates with the seal.  There are two rings that have been scored the
circumference of the surface.  The surface is approximately 16mm wide
and there is a score at approximately 12mm and 4mm in from the axle end.
They did not leak however; that does not mean they will not leak with
new seals, etc.
Should the flanges be machined to remove the groves?  If not, will they
mate to the new seals and not be a problem?
Thanks, Rick.