OT: Linux Question

If you are a 'linux n00b' then start with Ubuntu linux.
http://www.ubuntulinux.org

Ubuntu is Debian-based so you have the ability to open the Application
manage and just check a box next to the app you want (check from
THOUSANDS of available free apps in the Ubuntu universe) and hit
'Apply' - you'll be asked for your admin name/password and a few
moments later you are done.  (If you have broadband).

I work with lots of n00b end users every day an all the ones who are
mac-phobic I tell to run Ubuntu.  It's really nice and well-supported
in ubuntulinux.org forums and FAQ sections.

blake/